Having a sick day at home can be very dull. Basically every time I have a sick day at home I just end up lounging in front of the TV! (which really doesn't make me feel any better!) I have finally realised that being at home sick doesn't mean you have to sit around doing nothing all day. Here are 10 relaxing, fun things you can do on a day where you are feeling under-the-weather.
Before you start, gather up everything you will need for a day in bed. This may include: tissues, cough drops, snacks, extra pillows, your laptop and your phone. I would also recommend making a soothing honey and lemon drink if you have a sore throat.
- Read a book - this is a great way to relax and pass the time when you are sick.
- Watch a few episodes of your favourite show - comedies can make you feel better. Some of my favourites are: Friends, Modern Family, Parks and Recreation, Summer Heights High, Orange is the New Black and The Big Bang Theory.
- Pamper yourself - you could paint your nails, put on a face mask or have a warm bath. When I'm feeling sick my favourite thing to do is treat myself to a nice warm bath and a face mask and it always makes me feel better.
- Listen to music, a podcast or an audio book - sometimes staring at a screen or reading a book can only make your headache worse. So lie back, close your eyes and listen instead! I feel that getting involved in the story in this way can help you to forget how bad you feel.
- Sit or walk outside - sometimes just some fresh air can help you feel better.
- Shop online - sitting in bed sick? It's the perfect time to go for a browse through your favourite online shops. My personal faves are: Topshop, Peppermayo, BeginningBoutique, Boohoo.com and MadebyGrace.
- Sleep - sleeping is the best thing you can do to fight off a cold. Always make sure you get a couple extra hours sleep when you are sick.
- Do some arts and crafts - art can be very calming. You could draw, paint, work on a scrapbook or whatever you're into.
- Scroll through Pinterest - this is one of my favourite things to do on a sick day. Just go through Pinterest and test out some strange DIY's or try to do a new wacky hairstyle.
- Use Social Media - either go through Instagram, scroll through Tumblr or watch some Youtube. All are great ways to relax and pass the time.
I find that these are the best 10 thing to do on a sick day! What do you like to do on a sick day? xx